The International Carbon Reduction and Offset Alliance (ICROA) is a non-profit professional industry body hosting a membership of businesses that deliver carbon reduction and offset services. ICROA members operate globally and are managed by an independent secretariat housed within the International Emissions Trading Association (IETA) www.ieta.org.
The primary aim of ICROA is to promote best practices in carbon management and offsetting to support voluntary climate mitigation efforts. ICROA keeps abreast of the latest developments within carbon management and the carbon markets to ensure its members adhere to the best possible practices in the industry.
ICROA provides consumer protection for parties wishing to voluntarily manage and offset their carbon emissions by ensuring its member companies follow and publically report against the ICROA Code of Best Practice, which provides specific requirements for the manner in which ICROA members provide their carbon footprinting, greenhouse gas reduction advice and offset services. ICROA members are 3rd party audited to assure the quality of their services.
ICROA also engages with Governments and other key stakeholders on issues related to the voluntary carbon market.
ICROA members aim to:
- Support fast, global emissions reductions by promoting a responsible “reduce and offset” approach to carbon management by businesses and individuals.
- Promote credibility and high standards in carbon management and voluntary carbon offsetting, through widespread adherence to and promotion of the ICROA Code of Best Practice.
- Provide a credible, influential and uniform voice on carbon reduction strategies, products and services and raise the profile of the voluntary carbon market.
- Enable bold carbon management strategies to be integrated profitably into business.
- Commit to shared learning, transparency and continuous improvement.
- Engage with Governments and other key stakeholders on voluntary carbon market issues to help ensure that best practice becomes the norm in the voluntary carbon market.