Why use offset inclusive carbon management from a Business perspective?
There are a significant number of benefits for businesses that engage in a carbon reduction and offsetting strategy:
- Reducing exposure to increasing energy costs, possible future carbon prices and future regulation;
- Saving money through reducing resource use and subsequent emissions reduction.
- Product positioning; having carbon neutral or carbon friendly products can aid sales;
- Point of differentiation from competitors;
- Developing downstream customer loyalty through offering carbon neutral services or products and greening the supply chain.
- Enhancing corporate reputation and positioning;
- Staff attraction and retention;
- Building business capital in terms of understanding the carbon risk associated with business operations and/or product manufacture;
- Independent third party recognition of climate change and carbon management activities undertaken - increasing shareholder/stakeholder confidence.
- Quantified evidence to score highly on procurement questionnaires where environmental impact reduction assurances are required.
ICROA requires its members to adhere to rigorous industry standards. ICROA works with its membership and independent technical advisory board to ensure latest developments in technologies and policy are integrated into its member’s business practices. By working with an ICROA member you can assess the carbon impact of your business, safe in the knowledge the information you receive is delivered according to internationally agreed best practices.