We are actively recruiting companies that provide carbon reduction and offset services who wish to demonstrate their quality and commit to the principles of ICROA. Download our ICROA brochure here.
Affiliation to ICROA is a commitment to following the very best practices in the provision of carbon management and offset services.
- Full IETA membership services subject to meeting IETA's requirements
- ICROA quality assurance stamp and use of the ICROA kitemark
- Forums and events discounts
- Industry networking opportunities
- Enhanced business visibility through ICROA profile raising activities
In addition we seek a proactive engagement from the affiliate to:
- Grow the opportunities for the voluntary offset market, influencing policy and decision makers worldwide
- Open the way to new ways of working and knowledge sharing with the best players in the industry
The benefits of being an ICROA affiliate include:
- The quality assurance value of demonstrating to your stakeholders that your organisation is accredited to conduct carbon management and offset services that adheres to the industry Code of Best Practice
- The ability to influence policy related to voluntary carbon markets and to respond with other carbon reduction and offset providers, by speaking with a unified and respected voice, to Governments, NGOs and other stakeholders.
Who can join?
Any carbon reduction and offset provider that meets the ICROA eligibility criteria, commits to being audited against ICROA's Code of Best Practice, and pays timely dues.
What are the ICROA Affiliation Eligibility Criteria?
- Affiliates have been in business of providing carbon management and offset services and been actively trading in the carbon markets for at least one full year.
- Affiliates offer services to estimate carbon footprints, identify and implement internal emission reduction opportunities and offset emissions.
- Affiliates actively sell a service to retire/cancel ICROA Code compliant emissions reductions on behalf of businesses and/or individuals for the purpose of voluntarily offsetting their carbon emissions.
- Affiliates are committed to achieving large absolute reductions across their client base.
- Affiliates have in place a verifiable quality management system.
- The minimum volume sold or retired annually by affiliates must be at least 10,000 tonnes of CO2e.
- The affiliates' minimum financial turnover must be $100,000 or the local currency equivalent.
- Affiliates must disclose to the ICROA Secretariat any significant ongoing legal claims pertaining to their organisation.
In becoming an ICROA affiliate, every organisation agrees to file an annual report that is verified through a 3rd party independent auditor that meets ICROA's requirements to demonstrate their compliance with the Code of Best Practice.
Steps to apply
- ICROA is an initiative of IETA. The first step is to join IETA.
- Once confirmed as an IETA member, the second step is to fill out this application form online. Please contact the ICROA Secretariat for more information.
- If the eligibility criteria are met, the third and final step is to complete the ICROA audit online, to ensure full compliance with the ICROA Code of Best Practice.
For further information about ICROA and our fees please contact the ICROA Secretariat.